RMI Architects are an award-winning design studio based in Belfast but with work across UK and Ireland. We are committed to creating Architecture that can positively influence our environment enrich our lives, and our approach is underpinned by our ambition to Respond, Make and Inspire.
Due to recent project successes, we have a vacancy for a highly motivated Architect looking to further their career in a dynamic and design focused city centre studio.
The practice has secured a number of exciting projects across a diverse range of sectors including but not limited to Residential, Commercial, Education, Hospitality and Industrial. These projects include new build, refurbishment and working on listed buildings.
- 3-5yrs post P3 experience
- Excellent design & communication skills
- Very good job running experience & interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills & appreciation of construction & detailing
- Must be fluent in Autocad, Sketchup, Photoshop and Indesign and experience in using Revit highly desirable
- Good free-hand sketching would be beneficial
- Excellent written & spoken English
- Experience in Conservation and/ or Listed Buildings would be beneficial
- Must have own transport & full driving license
- Supporting Management and running of architectural projects within the Practice
- Ability, skills & motivation to act as independent project architect with support from senior staff
- To perform the duties of a Project Architect in all aspects of project delivery from stages 0-7 of the RIBA Plan of Work and as described in the Architect’s job book
- Drawing and presentational skills in tasks reflecting all stages of RIBA Plan of Work
- Responsible for day-to-day delivery of one or more projects in compliance with statutory requirements
- Taking direction and instructions from senior management
- Uphold the ethos of the Company in terms of professional and design standards
- Understand the professional duty of care arising from the relationships between Clients and Architects, Supporting the Practice in the development of new and existing client relationships
- To conform at all times to the ARB Code of Conduct and the RIBA where applicable
- To ensure that in the performance of these duties that the requirements of all relevant Health and Safety and Statutory Regulations are fulfilled
- To implement the Practice’s Quality / Environmental System
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Architect to take on a key role and develop their career in the Practice. Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience.
If you feel you have the right skills and attitude, please forward CVs and examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org